Bale Doneen Method
Dr. Feyrer-Melk’s rigorous adherence to scientific excellence and her ongoing search for the best methodologies, is transforming cardiac care. This change in criterion led her to the Bale Doneen Method, which is on the cutting edge of heart attack and stroke prevention.
A patient’s best means of prevention lie in education and early detection. The Bale Doneen Method combines the science of disease-detection with lifestyle counsel and pioneering medical treatment to empower people to protect their health.
The Bale/Doneen Method challenges the current standard of care by proposing a disease treatment paradigm rather than a risk factor paradigm. That is, the current standard of care simply does not do enough to actually prevent disease. The Bale/Doneen Method advocates optimal care for every individual patient.
The Six Dynamic Elements that make up the BaleDoneen Method
Dr. Feyrer-Melk integrates the Bale Doneen Method as part of each individual Member-Patient’s comprehensive Prevention Plan at the Optimal Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention Center. The six dynamic elements that make up the Bale Doneen Method contribute to Dr. Feyrer-Melk’s ability to help Member-Patients detect and defeat the world’s most dangerous and deadly disease: cardiovascular disease.
1. Education We use education to increase the understanding of what causes heart attacks and strokes. Additionally, we teach and help individuals take the action steps needed to prevent these catastrophic events. This knowledge building empowers Member-Patients to make choices that lead to recovery and wellness.
2. Identifying the Amount of Plaque in the Arteries Having the ability to identify the amount of disease (plaque) in the arteries of Member-Patients is essential, since this is a prerequisite for an event. This information is used by Dr. Feyrer-Melk in critical treatment decisions and provides the bases for disease monitoring over time.
3. Inflammation Inflammation, described as fire in the arteries, is an element that Dr. Feyrer-Melk constantly monitors and targets in each Member-Patient. Cardiovascular events are sparked when disease becomes inflamed. Inflammation lights the match, causing the plaque, which is like kindling, to rupture explosively. Dr. Feyrer-Melk uses a carefully selected panel of advanced tests to detect and monitor inflammation.
4. Investigating Root Causes The most significant difference between the use of the standard of care in traditional medicine and the proactive, preventive-based Program of Dr. Feyrer-Melk is the deep investigation for root causes. Eliminating inflammation by putting out the fire in a patient’s arteries, it’s essential to identifying and treating the cause. Without this knowledge, the disease frequently smolders until there is another event. Leveraging the techniques of the Bale Doneen Method contributes to the tools Dr. Feyrer-Melk needs to determine the root causes and halt the disease.
5. Optimal Health The Optimal Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention Center strives to help Member-Patients achieve optimal health. This is accomplished by helping Member-Patients with individualized goals for modifying risk factors. This is counter to standard of care which bases goals on average results from large population studies. Dr. Feyrer-Melk’s optimal health focus leads to superior outcomes and more effective heart attack and stroke prevention.
6. Genetic Testing Incorporating the unique genetic makeup of individual Member-Patient’s allows for true precision medicine. Dr. Feyrer-Melk and the Bale Doneen Method have used genetic testing for over 10 years and remain on the leading edge of to provide each Member-Patient the most highly advance preventive medical care available.